Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Life Of Blessings

When I sit here trying to think about all the things I am thankful for, I am afraid that this action would leave a daunting task ahead. Not because I have nothing to be thankful for, but that If I started listing now, I would be here for a very long time. God has blessed me with so many things to be thankful for and I do owe it all to him.

God provided me with a loving family who I can count on for anything. A mom who loves me and blesses me with her presence, showing me perseverance through anything she does. My dad has blessed me by showing me qualities such as how to be a hard worker, and most of all, a loving husband, showing me how women like my mom should be treated. I have been blessed with two awesome brothers, who even with different personalities, have become very close to me over the last couple years. I have been blessed with wonderful grandparents, who provide many different wisdoms and loves through the years. I have been blessed with having a Great Grandfather who I was very close to through my younger years, showing me how to live and love others with the wisdom he had given me.

I have been blessed to have a very special woman in my life, Emily. She has been more of a blessing than she can truly understand, supporting me through the rough times in college and walking with me hand-in-hand through this journey of life, showing me how to love like Jesus did. She has taught me a lot and really, I can't thank her enough for being apart of my life.

I have been blessed with many friends, both at Spring Arbor and from back home. They have been so supportive and we have had many good times that I undoubtedly look to continue in the future.

I am thankful for the education that I am getting here at Spring Arbor. I have been blessed to have many brilliant professors teaching me many things and allowing me to gain from their wisdom and knowledge. I have a wonderful job that has taught me the ins and outs of radio and some great bosses to work under, having them really care about me and wanting to help me develop in my career and be the best broadcaster I can be.

I have been blessed with a wonderful youth group to be apart of in the Nazarene Church. They have taught me many things and I get to continue building relationships with the kids here, getting to watch them grow in their relationships with Christ and to have a great time with them.

I have also been blessed with a God who loves me. A God who wants and needs me and continues to desire me. This is mind blowing and I am absolutely thankful for him.

In this time of thanksgiving, I have many things to be thankful for. These are just a few of the blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment